ANNA & SHANNONS RESTART JUICE 3-DAY JUICE CLEANSE EXPERIENCE
We’ve never been strong believers of juice cleanses for 2 reasons: 1. We saw juice cleanses as a crash diet, which we do not believe in. We thought that the pounds we were going to lose would rapidly come back, as soon as we were back on or normal diet. 2. We didn’t believe that juice would be a sufficient meal replacement due to our large appetites. Therefore, we didn’t care enough to give it a shot. This is until one of our friends told us about restartjuice.dk’s juice cleanse and the benefits that comes with it. So, we decided to try it out!
AND YES – We did lose weight as a result of the cleanse! See how much weight we loss below.
A BIT ABOUT RESTART.dk’s 3 DAYS JUICE CLEANSE
Restart Juice 3-day cleanse consists of:
- 12 x 500 ml bottles of slow juice
- 3 x 500 ml raw cocoa with almond and coconut
- 3 x 60 ml fermented shot of
- 1 organic lemon
Restart’s Juices consist of 100% natural cold-pressed slow juice and almond milk, WITHOUT added E-numbers or additives. The juices in Restart Juice kit is composed of carefully selected ingredients and consist solely of fruits and vegetables. All juices contain over 50% vegetables and are a good source of vitamins, minerals, chlorophyll and antioxidants.
The kit also includes a goodiebag with:
- Pukka Cleanse Tea
- Matcha Te
- Beauty kit from ECOOKING – food for your skin
- PDF with a delicious 4 day POWERFOOD plan for those who want to continue on the green wave after your juice course
When food goes through our digestive system, our body excrete the waste that it does not need. Separation of these waste materials is necessary in order to maintain a healthy and balanced body. Nowadays, processed foods are a part of many people’s everyday diet. These processed foods though, are difficult for our unique digestive system to breakdown. This can result in an accumulation of waste materials. The accumulation of waste from our diet, can cause our body to overwork which can lead to imbalances in our system. This can be difficult to avoid, but you can give your body a break from the processed foods and help it on its way to a better balance by offering the good nutrients, as found in fruit and vegetables. The purpose of the juice cleanse is therefore to cleanse out our digestive system and restore the balance in our body.
OBS: SIDEEFFECTS/CLEANSING SYMPTOMS
Due to your body is going through a cleansing process, your body will be working overdrive to dump the toxins in your body, making you feel sick. So be ready for these cleansing symptoms below:
- Heavy headache, migraine
- Dizziness and nausea
- Frequent urination
QUICK RESTART JUICE CLEANSE GUIDE AND INFO
- Start your morning with the little “SHOT UP” – it makes your belly happy. The ‘’Shot Up’’ is a fermented shot which contains yellow root, red cauliflower, apple, lemon, ginger, turmeric, water and a little sea salt.
- Then squeeze 1/3 part of a lemon into a large glass of water (boiled and slightly cooled)
- BREAKFAST: Time for “breakfast” with MANGO MANIA – Enjoyed between 7:00 to 9:00 am. – MANGO MANIA contains carrot, mango, orange, grape, lemon, and ginger. The juice is sweet and contains over 70% greens.
- SNACK: Time for a small snack with MR. GREEN – enjoyed between. 10:00 to 11:00 am. – MR. GREEN contains fennel, cucumber, pineapple, spinach, mint, lemon and Macha tea. The juice is fresh and contains over 75% greens.
- LUNCH: Time for “lunch” with ACAI BOOSTER – Enjoyed between 12:00 to 3:00 pm. – ACAI BOOSTER contains carrot, orange, beetroot, lemon, and Acai. This juice is sweet and creamy and contains over 75% greens. Acai berry is a wonderful little berry that grows deep inside the Amazon rainforest. Despite its small size, it contains many different nutrients; including antioxidants, enzymes, essential amino acids, omega 3, 6 and 9.
- SNACK: Time for a nice snack with OH HAPPY DAY – Enjoyed between 3:00 and 4:00 pm.- OH HAPPY DAY contains almonds, coconut water, dates, raw cocoa powder and a little sea salt. This combination is amazing and feels great at the end of the afternoon, where the energy level may fall and the sweet tooth arrives. In this delicious drink, your body gets both good fats, proteins, and antioxidants. In addition, coconut water also contains electrolytes that benefit both your fluid balance and your energy level.
- DINNER: Time for “dinner” with POWER ROOTS – enjoyed between 5.00-7.00 pm. – POWER ROOTS contains carrot, sweet potato, beetroot, orange, apple, lemon, and ginger. This delicious evening juice contains over 70% greens. It is sweet and is slightly heavier in the system than the other juices.
OUR JUICE CLEANSE EXPERIENCE
First of all, let me just say that the juices were SOOO delicious! I enjoyed every sip, and couldn’t wait for my next juices. They were really tasty and sweet, despite that they contained over 50% greens. First day of my cleanse went surprisingly well. I was worried about going hungry (specially at the end of the day) but I wasn’t. Surprisingly, the juices were enough to fill my huge appetite! Normally, I’m a huge snacker but while on the cleanse, I did not feel the urge to snack at all, which is a huge surprise for me! The first day went really well and I found myself full for each juice I drank. I did not feel hungry in between the juices on the first day. I felt the exact opposite!
All in all, day 1 was really easy.
I expected to wake up to a rumbling stomach screaming for solid foods, but I didn’t. I also expected, to be more tempted to snack on the 2nd day, but I wasn’t. I wasn’t really craving for junk either, but rather healthier foods such as carrots and broccoli, healthy vegetables I could chew. I missed chewing my meals. By the 2nd day, I found out which juices were my favourites: Power Roots and Mr. Green! YUM!! (Currently craving for them at the moment while I am writing this) I started the day with a long walk with Shannon. Those who knows me, know that I normally do not like taking long walks. It may be the juice cleanse that gave me more energy this morning. I definitely felt an energy boost + my stomach was flatter than ever 🙂 Surprisingly no cleansing symptoms as well!
To sum it up, my 2nd day on the cleanse were a lot similar from the 1st. Overall still very happy with the cleanse.
Once again, I woke up with more energy than I usually do. I’m not a morning person at all, so I was very happy about this energy boost I’ve been experiencing the past 2 days. THOUGH, I was really hungry on the 3’rd morning. I remember rushing to the fridge, to get my morning juice.
Still no cleansing symptoms on the 3’rd day. I experienced some cravings, but the foods I was craving for was healthy foods, and not processed foods at all! I remember enjoying every sip of my juices on the last day, because I knew that they were my last 🙁 huhu! Only on the last day, did I experience hunger. I was not starving, but I was hungry. Luckily, it was my last day, so the thought of that, made the hunger bearable + my super flat stomach was also another motivational factor.
I lost 2,7 KG so I was very happy! + my stomach has never been flatter. I loved the juice cleanse and would definitely recommend it to my friends! I felt so healthy after the cleanse and had no urge to ruin it with unhealthy foods. So I’d say that the juice cleanse is a good way to kick start if your diet or healthier lifestyle. I also really liked how the juices tastes, which made it much easier for me to abstain from food.
My overall experience with RESTART.dk’s juice cleanse, is very good. Highly recommendable and I would definitely do a cleanse again. Thinking about, I could probably use a cleanse now J